🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dog_Obsessed

I got an ad for a pet food called Petbrosia through Dogster Magazine. http://petbrosia.com
    It appears to be a customizable food, and while I did not submit a food request, I looked at their possible ingredients. It looks pretty good, but it is crazy expensive. ($3-$5 per lb.) Anyone else got an opinion on this food?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #58898 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I got a free three pound bag not too long ago (it was about $5 after shipping). The dog are eating on it now, mixed with wellness and some science diet (shhhhh, it’s a small amount lol). They seem to like it. The company actually emailed me and said I could have another bag if I emailed them a review. I’ll be taking them up on that lol

#58901 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, whaaaat?! Lemme get on this!!! 😀

#58906 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Was the bag they sent you “customized” for your dogs? Or just a default formula?

#58911 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

It was the salmon one. They only have two forumlas right now, last I checked. Grain-inclusive chicken and grain free salmon. It had potatoes (white and sweet) and lentils, which I’m not really a fan of mixing the two. I suggested limited ingredient diets to them, that use single carb sources. Not all dogs can handle both of these, much less putting them together in one food lol

#58913 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

It looks like they have two formulas, but both are customizable. They have certain ingredients, and they include them in some way.

#59046 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Petbrosia does have 2 base formulas. They cannot add or remove ingredients from them. The only way they “customize” is to increase or decrease the amount of said ingredients. For instance, Laverne, had the Salmon grain free with 25 % protein and Rupert and Hazel had the Salmon grain free with 30% protein. Some of the other percentages were different between them, too. Laverne is 2 years older than Rupert and Hazel. The ingredients for all three bags of food were exactly the same and in the same order. Hope that helps. Imho, it isn’t really that customizable. I think the formulation is okay but with too many lentils and beans for my taste. My dogs seemed to like the sample bags fine, however, I only used some of the food as treats. I would also like to see some limited ingredient base formulas.

#59387 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Thanks! I probably won’t be using it anytime soon, because there are so many good foods for less money, and it sounds like this food is not all that “customizable.”

#59582 Report Abuse
    Z B

Last month there was a great coupon on Groupon for petbrosia. I got a large bag at 50% off I think. So something like a $ 60 20 lb bag of food for $24. My dogs like it. I mix it half and half with raw or 5’star Canned.
    I’d use it in rotation, if there are more Groupon coupons with deals like this. I wouldn’t pay full price for it, too expensive.

ETA: just checked Groupon and the deal is still there :). There are options for 3 lb @ $5.99, 10lb @ $13.99, and 20 lb @ $23.99

Shipping wasn’t too much if I remember correctly.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Z B.
    #59593 Report Abuse
    Z B

P.s. You have to sign into your Groupon account to get the deal. Signing up is free.

#70971 Report Abuse
    Brian C

I love Petbrosia! Sign up for the customer newsletter, they send out great deals during the week. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.