šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Litminov
    Participant

Dog foods reviews are okay but I want to know about percantages of ingredients on dog foods. For example 5 stars dog foods.. How much meat rate, fruit rate.. What is the percantages? Many pet food company says the percantages of ingredients but in this blog there are no information about this.

For example Acana has %55-%65 meat rate, %20 alberta oat and %20 fruit, vegetable on all of its dog food. But no information about this percantages in dogfoodadvisor.

Another example N&D has %60-%70 meat rate, %0-%20 oat and %20 fruit, vegetable on all of its dog food. But no information about this percantages in dogfoodadvisor.

I wonder the other 5 stars dog foods. What is the percantages of ingredients on the other dog foods? If you’ll considering me, I’ll be glad. Thanks.

#27080 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

In the USA, you would need to contact the dog food companies for that information since alot of them don’t publish it on their website or on the bag and that’s not how the labeling regulations are. Overseas, I believe they publish their information with percentages.

#27082 Report Abuse

Champion prints it on the bag so look at a bag of acana

#27085 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

In the US, a lot of dog food companies consider that to be proprietary information and won’t give it to you even if you do call them.

#27086 Report Abuse
    Litminov
    Participant

No, they will give the informations.. For example I asked the Taste of the Wilds for percantages of information and they gave me the information. Acana, Orijen and N&D says the percantages on the packages. Mike can contact the pet food companies and learn that informations. Most of 5-star dog foods have very less meat percantages and it means very poor quality but Mike says it 5-star dog food. That’s wrong man..

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by Litminov.
    #27097 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Good point!

#27102 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Mike can’t do all the work. It’s up to the consumer to do some research. He does reviews based on the government regulated label here in the USA. It’s a great start for folks trying to decipher dog food. Why don’t you post all the companies you contacted and got the info from and post it here for all to see. That would be helpful too.

#27120 Report Abuse
    Litminov
    Participant

In my blog I’m writing the percantages of ingredients on dog foods. In this blog Mike should be this too.. If he wants my help, I will. This is a dog food review site and these informations must be found in this site. Mike can contact the pet foods at least 5-star dog foods.. Percantages of ingredients are very very important about quality..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.