šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    a c

I have a 10 years old miniature schnauzer with pancreatitis history. As a senior dog, she can’t have high protein. With pancreatitis, she can’t have high fat. Does that mean, she can only go with high carb food?

Our vet told me to put her on Pruina One Smart Blend Heathy Weight Management.
    Other suggestions?

#102953 Report Abuse
    elaine c

sorry to hear about your dog! contact Answers petfood , talk to them.. They work with vets all the time to save dogs. No kidding.. the email address is [email protected]
    This is probably one of the best or the best dog food on the market! Good luck

#102954 Report Abuse
    a c

Thank you for your reply. I will try to contact them.

I have contacted Stella and Chewy’s, Primal, Honest Kitchen, and BARF world. The fat contents on raw diet are too high. I need something with fat content around 10%.

#102963 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature limited ingredient formulas. But let your dog fast for a day to ease her stomach. If you can’t hydrate her enough, take her to the vet for fluids, intravenously. Very important. Make sure her meds aren’t causing her more inflammation.

#102973 Report Abuse
    a c

Thank you for reply.

She has pancreatitis history but she doesn’t have it now. I just want something low fat that’s a little better than Purina One Smartblend Weight Management Health(2 stars). I feel bad to give her that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.