šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jodysworld33
    Participant

I am in need of some help!! We have rescued a 6 yr English Bulldog- she underwent surgery to have her ACL repaired and needs to lose about 10 pounds. However, she also has terrible arthitis in her back/spine- where her two vert. never propertly formed. She is receiving cortizone injections- but I need to focus on helping my LAZY bulldog lose some of this weight to help with her issues. Anyone recommend any GRAIN free food for an English Bulldog- that is 52 lbs- that will help with her weight??

#12192 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

We adopted a dog who should have weighed about 23 pounds but weighed 43.7. She had arthritis and hip dysplasia. We used Wellness Core’s reduced fat food, giving her the amount of food for what she *should* weigh. Good luck!

#12241 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi jodysworld33 –

I’d checkout The Honest Kitchen’s Zeal formula – it’s low fat and high protein. Dehydrated foods are also much less calorie-dense than kibble because of all the water you add. Any low fat canned food would be a good option as well.

#14276 Report Abuse
    anniebug
    Participant

i have been cutting down my dogs food & replacing it with canned organic pumpkin it helps loss weight & makes your dog feel full it has been working great for my lazy lab
    http://www.nummytumtum.com/products.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.