🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Last Tuesday we lost our beloved Hater the dog. She was 18 and a half years old. We miss her dearly! Hater was a beloved companion and a great watch dog. She lived a great life. Many, many walks in the park and car rides. We will always cherish those memories. Hater will always live in our hearts.

#89514 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m so sorry for your loss. She lived such a good long life! I hope your hearts heal.

#89516 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Sorry for your loss. What a long and wonderful live she had with you.

#89537 Report Abuse

Thank you so much! We got her ashes back today and it was very emotional.

#89538 Report Abuse
    Jackie B
    Participant

RIP, faithful pup. :'( <3

#89541 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Sorry, I had to say goodbye to my red peke recently (age16)
    It never gets easy.

I so hope that they go to a better place and that we get too see them again. I hope that dogs that have passed before them are there to greet them on the other side.
    I am not religious, but it is times like this that I hope that I am wrong.

#89542 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Anonymously, I’m so sorry.

#89545 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Thank you, Marie
    I know we don’t always agree, but I know we love animals and are passionate about taking care of them.
    Actually, he was suffering from dementia, more so the past few months. When you have a pack, more than one dog, it is important to keep an eye on them. The dogs with cognitive disorders give off inappropriate body language. My young terrier started to attack him, this is not unusual, it is instinctive.
    I did all I could to keep him comfortable….
    I found a helpful site regarding canine dementia: http://dogdementia.com/blog/

#89548 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You are right….we don’t always agree but it is our love for our dogs that “joins us”.

A number of years back, we adopted a 7 or 8 year old foxhound. In a few years, she had strange things happen: she would walk to the kitchen & stand nose to pantry. One night, I heard her crying (she slept in livingroom, her choice) and she had wedged herself between the tv stand & couch. One day, I was on my computer, heard a dog drinking, turned around and no dog at the water bowl. She had peed on the hardwood floor & was drinking it. Not taste testing but lapping. Then, we were at a ball field & I noticed dirt on TOP of her paws. She couldn’t “right” her paws. This all happened in quick succession. My vet thought it was a brain tumor but I wonder about dementia.

I didn’t know that about the body language. Luckily, neither of my other two did anything to Emma. Thanks for the link. My oldest is 10.5yr old pbgv Boone. Knock on wood, healthy!

#89558 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Hater’s Mom-
    I’m very sorry for your loss. She was obviously very loved. I know this is a sad time. Take care of yourself. ❤️😓

#89678 Report Abuse

Anonymously So sorry for your loss.

#89679 Report Abuse

Thank you C4C!

#89686 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh, you’re welcome. How is Molly doing?

#89708 Report Abuse

Thank you for asking C4C. Molly is doing very well. She had a few days where she just laid around. I know she missed our girl!

#89711 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yeah, it’s tough on their canine siblings as well. Hope things are getting a little easier. Take care!

#89713 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

So sorry for your loss ☹️

#89718 Report Abuse

Thank you pitluv!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.