šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tammy C

My little dog has lost a lot of weight in 2 months. I don’t see any worms in her fecies. I wanted to know if there is an over the counter remedy for tapeworms? Either at a feed store or a retail store.

#58870 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Tammy, I just walk into my vets or any vets & they sell a allwormer over the counter, I use Mibemax all wormer it also does heartworm, also you can ask the vet nurse about ur dog losing weight, I worm Patch every 4-6 months…

#58872 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Generic wormers are available without a prescription in pet stores and feed stores and even from 1800petmeds. Although tapeworms are usually visible on fresh feces. It’s the other worms that are microscopic. You might also consider getting her stool tested and if it’s time for a checkup, also get a complete metabolic panel done.

#58873 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Susan why do u worm ur dog every 4 to 6 months. I always thought worming medicine was bad unless they had worms. Tammy C I would have him tested first. That might not be the reason he’s losing weight.

#58879 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi weezerweeks here in Australia we worm every 3 months especially if ur dog is walked everyday & goes to dog parks & the dog beach, the worms live in high traffic areas where dogs play & go….cause Patch has IBD vet said worm him around 5-6 months instead of 3 months & the Mibemax is the only mild all wormer tablet that doesnt give him diarrhea… I asked vet about testing for worms & it cost $30 to be tested & like the vet said its cheaper paying $10 for a allwormer tablet, where worm testing isn’t 100% accurate ……..I noticed in America worming is every 6 months…..I dont give a monthly heart wormer as the Milbemax has a heart wormer in it & worming Patch around every 5months covers him for heart worms, thats if he was soooo un-lucky and a infected mosquito came along & bit him……

#58948 Report Abuse
    Tammy C

Your replies have been most helpful. My sincerest thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.