šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Y

Has anyone tried this food? Wanted to get some feed back.

#77212 Report Abuse
    FoxEyeX

Tundra is has so many ridiculous proteins in it ahaha. How old and what kind of dog do you have, and weight?

#77213 Report Abuse
    Joanna Y

44# female Brittany – 4yrs old
    110# female Rottweiler/Great Dane cross – 7yers old

#77220 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Its not a bad food, but its usually not recommended by veterinary nutritionists to use foods that are heavy on novel proteins in case you needed to use a novel protein later on for testing purposes.

I have and would use Orijen Adult or Six Fish personally, instead of Tundra or even the Regional Red.

#77223 Report Abuse
    Joanna Y

what about Annamaet “Option” “Aqualuk” and “Manitok” compared to the Orijen?

#77235 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

You will never find a food with as much meat content as Orijen, however Annamaet (from word of mouth only) seems like an excellent food. I would personally feed the Aqualuk over the others, since the others contain a lot of novel proteins. Orijen is also extremely expensive because of the meat content, but it looks as though Annamaet is fairly expensive as well, though you do get a 30lb bag for less than a 28.6lb bag of Orijen Six Fish.

#77261 Report Abuse
    FoxEyeX

If you like orijen I’d go with Acana in your case…add water to the meal if you can get away with it…cainine caviar is a great kibble also look them up!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by FoxEyeX.
    #77299 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hi Joanna,
    If I were you, I’d try the Annamaet first. It’s one of my favorite dry foods. I have a 5yr old brittany!

#77303 Report Abuse
    FoxEyeX

Annamaet doest look like it offers anything special…what makes it good?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by FoxEyeX.
    #77314 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

There will always be other proteins that your dog hasn’t tried. I see no reason to shy away from novel proteins or multiple proteins in the mix, provided you don’t have a dog that is sensitive or intolerant to things. If they start having issues, sure go single protein. The thing I often like about foods that have a lot of various proteins, is that in general they tend to have a nice high meat protein content.

Annamaet is a good company with really good QC and a nice formulation. Many foods you could technically say don’t seem like anything special, but the company is good and transparent, which is important. I don’t feed one brand exclusively and never recommend anyone to, so I’ve only used it within rotation, the Aqualuk-because Manitok always seems sold out, and I have enough poultry brands in rotation

#77322 Report Abuse
    Joanna Y

I think the QC for Annamaet and Orijen seem really good. The Origen seems to follow a higher EU standard.

Dog Food Advisor states the Orijen 6 fish is meat based and the Annamaet food are grain based, even the grain free??

Whats better? Meat based or Grain based

#77323 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Do you mean plant based? A grain free food couldn’t be grain based.

#77324 Report Abuse
    Joanna Y

Yes, plant based!! sorry about that!

#77336 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Higher meat content is usually favored. Grains should not completely rule out the food as an option to feed, but they should not take up most of the food.

#82171 Report Abuse
    Lisa C

Tundra is a beautiful kibble. Pricey, but beautiful. I agree with Pitlove that “novel” proteins should be used in place of other more “traditional” proteins that may be causing health issues, mainly allergies.

I have my Dane/Coonhound, Fluke, on Tundra because it is the only Acana or Orijen formula that does not use rosemary. Fluke has idiopathic epilepsy and rosemary (and other mint family plants) are not recommended.

#87265 Report Abuse
    Jennifer M

Hi, I feed my two Shih tzu ‘s the Orijen Tundra and the both love it. Which says a lot as our one is four years old and extremely picky, she is also very small at 5lbs so it’s very important to me that what little food she does eat is high in protein and nutritional value. Our other pup is more than willing to eat anything given to her, so we have to monitor that she she only eating from her own bowl. Lol I do find the Tundra to be a bit more expensive than the other Orijen varieties but since our girls are small we don’t go through it that fast, plus it’s grain free and chicken free ( chicken always ends up making the one pup’s eyes tear & stain). I am a big fan of both Orijen and Acana products and have always stayed with choosing a variety from their lines.

#87457 Report Abuse
    Caryl R

I have not tried to Tundra yet but I am considering it.

I am feeding Regional Red with Primal Beef Nuggets as a topper to my Australian Shepards. My dogs are thriving, their stool is great (small and well formed) and their coats are shiny and beautiful. They lick their bowls clean and love the taste of the food. I realize it is expensive but worth is it to me because they do so well on it.

#89322 Report Abuse
    shirley r

i have yet to try tundra also but my dog has loved every bag of Acana and Orijin up untill the last 3 bags. I have just found out they have opened a new factory in the USA for their american market and all but Regional red, Tundra and six fish are being produce in Kentucky. Has anyone else had issues recently?

#90024 Report Abuse
    Susan W

I feed mine VeRUS Advanced Opticoat because of the Omega-3’s and the great ingredients. They also have a cold water fish formula. VeRUS has been in business for more than 25 years and they’ve never had a recall. Their website has loads of great information including the nutritional values of each of their foods. You can also fill out a contact form and receive free samples. The samples are GREAT.

#123058 Report Abuse
    Rip R

Orijin is great and I consider Tundra the gold standard. Nothing but meat proteins through first tier of ingredients. Expensive but less is required. Dogs have been thriving on it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.