šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christina L

I have been feeding my cats and dog this brand for almost a year and have been very satisfied until the other day. I keep my pet foods in airtight Rubbermaid containers and I always use up the bag and then clean the container before I add a new bag, I live in Phoenix so I keep my pet food in a controlled temp environment . I went to feed my dog and found small worms in the food !!!! I freaked and a bit grossed out, I stopped feeding him that food and am going to take it back to the store. What I need to know is this normal? And should u have my dog checked at the vet? Should I stop buying this food? Do far I haven’t noticed anything different in the cat food , but I have a bag I haven’t opened yet. Can someone maybe give me some info on this? It’s not a cheap food, I work construction so to me the price u pay for this food is a Bug part of my budget and my pets mean the world to me so u dint want to be poisoning them!!!!

#42115 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Do you keep the food in the bag, inside the Rubbermaid container?

#42122 Report Abuse
    LexiDog

Return it. Is there another store you can buy it from? I have also been feeding my dog Orijen for a while and have never had that problem. The only thing I can think of is that it was not stored at the store properly. Maybe they left it outside or something. Call Champion pet foods too and let them know what happened.

#42131 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

Do you still have the bag with the date on it? What size bag? I can only by the 15 lb bags because the larger bags last too long. It’s recommended that you use up the food in 3 to 6 weeks (depending on whose recommendation you use). So even if the food is stored in an air tight container, it can still go bad if it has been opened too long. Worms, though, thats odd unless it’s some sort of pantry moth that got in your container,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.