šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter G

I am feeding that to my gang for a while now and they love it. Carried by local Albertsons here. Any feedback for that?

Ingredients
    Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pea Protein, Rice Bran, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Peas, Natural Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Flaxseeds, Dried Egg Product, Dried Carrots, Oatmeal, Dried Sweet Potatoes, Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate), Choline Chloride, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, L-Threonine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid), Citric Acid (Preservative), Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), L-Carnitine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract.

ingredients from here:
    https://www.instacart.com/safeway/products/17805301-open-nature-dog-food-chicken-brown-rice-recipe-15-00-lb

Peter

#145198 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Veterinarians are recommending grain-inclusive, avoid peas, legumes and potato at least not have them in the first 10 ingredients due to the FDA alert I am sure you have heard about.

If your dogs are doing well I would consult your vet regarding if making a change for your dogs is indicated at this time based on their individual needs. If you have been taking them in for annuals I am sure your vet wouldn’t mind returning a call.

#145201 Report Abuse
    joanne l

Hi I agree with Anon. But the only thing I don’t like is the fact that they are using pea protein. That is a bad way to boost the protein in dog food. I am a firm believer that pea protein is not good at all for dogs, but that is just my opinion. However like Anon said ask your vet about it. For me personal I avoid any dog food that has pea protein even if it is grain in.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by joanne l.
    #145212 Report Abuse
    Regina D

I am finding it very difficult to find dog food, dry or wet, that does not contain peas, potatoes or chick peas. Any suggestions?

#145213 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Here’s one, just add a little water and scrambled egg or something.

https://www.gofromm.com/fromm-family-classic-adult-dog-food

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, chicken meal, brown rice, pearled barley, oatmeal, white rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), menhaden fish meal, dried whole egg, beet pulp, cheese, flaxseed, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, calcium sulfate, dl-methionine, l-tryptophan, taurine, chicory root extract, yucca schidigera extract, sodium selenite, sorbic acid (preservative), Vitamins [vitamin A acetate, Vitamin D3 supplement, Vitamin E supplement, Vitamin B12 supplement, choline bitartrate, niacin supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin], Minerals [zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, magnesium sulfate, copper sulfate, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, magnesium proteinate, cobalt proteinate], dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium longum fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Pediococcus acidilactici fermentation product.

#145233 Report Abuse
    Regina D

Thank you to anon101. I will give Fromm a try.

#147069 Report Abuse
    Joni B

My dogs sure love Open Nature…and I can afford to feed it.

#153392 Report Abuse
    Kathy W
    Participant

My dog is a very picky eater I’ve tried everything from raw to organic, from what the vet suggested. I finally decided to tried cheaper brands but no she still would eat, one day I saw open nature and thought what do i got to lose she loves it. So there you have I just sprinkle some probiotics and prebiotics and it and she’s good to go.

#155399 Report Abuse
    Donald M
    Participant

Natureā€™s Recipe Adult Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe will help your best friend thrive. This delicious dry dog food helps your dog maintain lean muscle mass with high quality protein from the #1 ingredient, premium chicken meal. Wholesome rice provides a lean source of carbohydrates that helps support your pet’s energy levels while barley and oatmeal round out the flavor and supply fiber for optimal digestion. Best of all, this recipe is free of corn and wheat, two ingredients that are commonly associated with food sensitivities.

Dog benefit…
    Real chicken is the first ingredient, containing high-quality protein that helps support muscle development.
    Rice provides a lean source of carbohydrates for sustained energy.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Donald M.
    #157630 Report Abuse
    Alex A
    Participant

I am suggest this for good health of your dog.

#157633 Report Abuse
    Peter G

Update: feeding this brand (different flavors) to both of my gang now for over a year and am very happy with it.

Their breath is ok most of the time, they are healthy and happy.

So highly recommended.

Peter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.