Onion Extract

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Onion Extract

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carol M

I was looking for a grain free snack for my dog and found that Pup-aroni has no grain in it. I’ve been giving it to him for a couple of months now and I just discovered that it contains Onion Extract. I’ve heard that this can build up over time and be dangerous for dogs. Does anyone know of a “safe” grain-free snack that I can give my dog?

#110319 Report Abuse
    anonymous

How about 1/2 of a raw carrot once a day?

All those snacks are junk, you would be better off just giving your dog a bite of cooked chicken breast Or a bite of canned tuna.

There are some Purina products I would use. But not pup-aroni. The amount of onion is probably minute, but I would not be comfortable with it.

I use kibble as a base 1/2 to 2/3 of the diet. That’s enough processed food, IMO.
    Splash of water and a topper such as a little scrambled egg.

Why are you avoiding grains?

#110320 Report Abuse
    Carol M

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll probably try the carrots or the cooked chicken breast. That’s easy enough for my busy schedule. My dog is allergic to grains. That’s why I was looking for a grain-free snack.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Carol M.
    #110322 Report Abuse
    anonymous

If you are feeding a grain free kibble, you can always use a few kibbles as a snack too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.