šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rthomson
    Participant

My proud Llewellin setter is 13 and having significant dry itchy smelly skin issues. I have Dinovite and their fish oil supplement in route. I’m looking for an excellent dry dog food recommendation to pair with it so my boy can enjoy his golden years! Any advice is greatly appreciated. My Vet just wants to sell me Hills Science Diet (which has less than stellar ratings on your site)

#20439 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would go chicken, potato, and grain free. Try Brothers Complete, Nature’s Variety Instinct, Nature’s Logic, Earthborn, or Orijen

#21234 Report Abuse
    dowsky

you may want to supplement with fish oil.

#21342 Report Abuse
    JASJENS
    Participant

I would look for something with limited ingredients, grain free, and with fish protein. If possible, find a few different brands that meet the requirements you are looking for and rotate through them. Particularly with limited ingredients foods, rotating dog foods around will help provide a better nutritional scale, and improve your dogs nutritional intake. Plus, it keeps it interesting, your dog won’t be stuck eating the same thing every day.

#21359 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

dowsky, Dinovite comes with an omega oil supplement…either chicken fat or fish oil can be chosen when you order. I like Nature’s Variety Instinct, Earthborn or Acana/Orijen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.