Old dog is dying

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Old dog is dying

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard H

My dog has lived beyond the life expectancy of the breed. She has been in trouble over the past few days.

Jazz can’t take medicine and, frankly, not sure if it would help anyway and may even make things worse.

We decided to make her as comfortable as possible, she’s had a great life, able to roam the farm unimpeded.

Here’s the issue. She started having TIAs a few days ago. Keeping in mind that she cannot take medicine, we decided to get her turmeric which is a natural blood thinner. She’s got very ill yesterday afternoon, probably from the turmeric. Jazz will be going to the vet today, but I fear it may be too late.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Richard H.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Richard H.
    #109637 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Only you and your family can answer that question after talking to your vet. You know that.
    Is it possible to keep her comfortable any longer? Is she suffering? Difficult decisions ahead.
    Peace

#109649 Report Abuse
    Donna B

Dear Richard, Losing our loved ones is the deepest loss we ever will suffer. Thank God our beloved dogs & cats and any pet do not have to. I deeply feel you and your family’s pain.
    But remember this is not the end. You will all be together again. Love & my deepest sympathy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.