šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stormaf
    Participant

I notice that you have no reviews or ratings for Nutro Natural Choice Ultra dry dog food. Do you plan to do one soon? Thank you very much.

#15047 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi stormaf –

“Nutro Natural Choice” and “Nutro Ultra” are two different foods. There isn’t a “Nutro Natural Choice Ultra.” Both “Nutro Natural Choice” and “Nutro Ultra” have been reviewed. “Nutro Ultra” is rated 4 stars. “Nutro Natural Choice Limited Ingredient Diets” are rated 3.5 stars, “Nutro Natural Choice Wholesome Essentials” are rated 3.5 stars, “Nutro Natural Choice Grain-Free” is rated 3 stars and the original “Nutro Natural Choice” is rated 3.5 stars.

#15050 Report Abuse
    stormaf
    Participant

THank you so much for pointing me towards the right area. I hopped on over and read the article only to find the possibility that ethoxyquin and arsenic might be lurking in my dogs’ food! Since I’ve been fighting he good fight to give my dogs safe and nutritious food since the beginning, I immediately phoned the Nutro company.
    Apparently, the supplier for the fish meal in Ultra doesn’t use ethoxyquin in the raw product and that Nutro tests their fish meal to be absolutely sure of this.
    As for arsenic in the rice, dog food stands the same chance as any rice product on the market, pet or human, for having trace amounts of this. Arsenic can be present naturally in the soil and again, Nutro tests for this and meets the FDA standards in this regard. In effect, my dogs have no more chances of getting arsenic poisoning from their dinner than I do of expiring after my rice pilaf.
    I am relieved. Ultra is back in my good books. Perhaps the admins could move this thread into the nutrition section for further debate?

#15051 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Since the body can process small amounts of arsenic, it’s more of a be aware sort of thing. However, since most dogs eat the same thing day in and day out, unlike a single meal with rice in it, it is even more of a be aware thing. And for those who feed a food heavy in rice day in and day out, it’s a big be aware thing.

#15053 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Be aware that there’s a lot of people are having issues with Nutro foods right now. If you read the comments on the reviews you’ll see this. There are over 1,000 complaints about the brand on consumer affairs and there was recently a story published on Truth About Pet Food in which a woman is claiming her dog died after eating Nutro. So I’d be careful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.