šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Debbie G

I stopped at a gas station where there wasn’t much else around and a man had a puppy without a leash and he said he’s selling him for $20! I didn’t buy him because he was so so cute, or because he was a bargain! I bought him because my family wanted to “rescue” him and know for sure he’d be taken care of. The vet says he’s about 7-8 weeks old and thank goodness healthy. But I haven’t had a puppy for decades and need to get puppy food. A lot of the foods go by the breed, or size of what the puppy will grow up to, but I have no idea! The man says it’s a herding breed mix, but I swear he looks part lab. Don’t know how to post a pic of Yogi or I would. He looks like a little polar bear.

#84738 Report Abuse
    Michael C

A veterinarian might be able to give you an idea what breed it is, or at least say whether it is a large or small breed dog, which would narrow your choices of puppy food down as there are some foods for small breeds and some for large breeds. And if you are REALLY curious, there are DNA tests for dogs designed specifically to identify the breed(s) of the dog.

#84743 Report Abuse
    Debbie G

thanks Michael!

#84745 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Esbilac puppy milk powder and Orijen puppy food. Small amounts, 4 times a day. One of those times will be in the middle of the night, 2 or 3am. Lots of fresh water & something safe & soft to chew. So glad you rescued him from the consequences of a $20 fee.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.