Nitrate content of Farmland Traditions Chicken Jerky treats?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Nitrate content of Farmland Traditions Chicken Jerky treats?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ann C
    Participant

I just lost my 7 year old Standard Poodle who suffered a horrible death after getting into and eating a large amount of these treats. She threw up about 2 cups but xray at the emergency vet hospital showed her stomach to be quite full without volvulus. Her symptoms were consistent with Nitrate/nitrite poisoning in retrospect. She was not treated with methylene blue.Unable to find info re these treats online. Does anyone have info/similar experience? I would never have bought had I known of potential toxicity in large amounts.

#185316 Report Abuse
    Winston D
    Participant

Ann, were these purchased from Costco? We have had both of our dogs intermittently sick from these, I am convinced. We rarely give these to them as we have had the same bag for over a year but just recently we started to realize that every time they have these treats they have diarrhea or worse. My english cream goldendoodle was in ICU in September and was septic, we almost lost him. Fast forward a few months and just a day ago after I gave him a bath I gave him about half of one strip as a good boy treat. He is so sick today, same symptoms as before. Diarrhea, bloody stool, lethargic, drooling, panting. If he has not improved by tomorrow I am taking him back to the ER and will open up a lawsuit with Farmland Traditions. I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are irreplaceable and companies like this need to be held accountable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.