🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

Steve & I drove to Newburyport, MA to go to a pet store. I was in heaven. This was the best pet store I’ve ever been in! They carried brands of foods I’ve never seen in a store, including Natures Logic. I’ve never seen any store carry Bug Off Garlic. They had quite a few brands of freeze dried, including Addiction, Stella & Chewys, K9 Cravings and Vital Essentials. Best of all was the SIX freezers! They had Stella & Chewys and Bravo which are very common here but they had some I’ve never seen: Tucker’s, Answers, Vital Essentials, rad Cat and a couple more that I can’t recall. I picked up a bag of frozen VE for Ginger as a treat.
    They have another store closer to us by almost half an hour but it’s closed on Sundays. We’ll be visiting that one for sure! I dream of owning a pet food store & this is what I envision.

#51439 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Wow Marie!! Great find!! I wish there was a store like that by me. I can totally picture you walking around that place, lol! “OMG, they carry this…..and here’s this…..and OMG they carry THIS!!” Lol!

#51441 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Nice find, Marie! That’s too funny. Your road trips are to pet stores! I attended some training for work a few months ago with other employees from around the Northwest area. We went around the room introducing ourselves and was asked the question, which store we would choose if we could have a free one hour shopping spree to learn more about each other. I was too embarrassed to admit that I would go to a pet or feed store. LOL! Most people were saying either Macy’s or Home Depot. I ended up saying Costco. What a chicken I am! My coworkers already think I’m dog food obsessed because I don’t buy Kirkland or Pedigree from Costco like most of them do. I kept my secret hidden at training! LOL!

#51443 Report Abuse
    Dori

Great Find Marie. I love pet food stores and often drag Jim around with me on my quest to check them all out. You didn’t mention the name of the store. You should, it would give them some props for others that may live closer to the store.

C4C. Never ever be embarrassed of being a dog food junkie. There are a lot of us out there. There would also be a lot of us tagging along with you visiting dog food stores if we lived closer to each other. It’s one of my pass times. Well, that and visiting farmers markets for, of course, fresh fruits and veggies for the dogs. LOL!

#51448 Report Abuse

Lol..Awesome!! I check out pet stores and animal shelters in new places, lol

#51460 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

The store is The Natural Dog (and cost)….we were at the State Street, Newburyport MA location and they also have one on Islington Street in Portsmouth, NH.

Cyndi, you’re exactly right, Steve said I was like a kid in a candy store lol!

#51461 Report Abuse
    Dori

Marie. Hopefully that will bring more people their way and keep them in business for years to come. I’m always trying to bring business to my local pet food boutiques. I will admit it’s kind of selfish in a way I want them to stay in business and not close down due to lack of customers so I can get great frozen raw for my girls. It’s always so much finding a pet food store with such a great variety in their freezer sections. Most have the typical kibbles and canned and so few even have one freezer let alone six. You really lucked out girl!!! Goody for you!

#51464 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Ha ha, I knew it! 🙂

#51474 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Wish I could have tagged along with you!!! 🙂 I would have also totally said “pet food store” if asked that question, C4C! 🙂

#51475 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Dori, wish this was local:this store was 1:25 , the closer one is an hour away! We spend our weekends in the van, it’s just gas!

#51482 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Marie. I went on line to see if there were any locations in the South. Unfortunately there aren’t any. Glad you have one that is at least half an hour closer to you. I still can’t get over the fact that they have six freezers. I don’t even have the room for one. I still have mostly dog food in my bottom drawer freezer to my refrigerator. Yes, my husband is still wondering, too late since Summer is just about over, when will there be room in the freezer for ice cream. I keep saying, maybe next year honey. LOL! He’s silly enough to believe that or he’s just appeasing me since he knows that’s just not going to happen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.