šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jakes mom

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of a fairly new company called Petbrosia? Interesting website, made to order dry food for dogs and cats. You fill out a questionnaire about your pet and they customize food for you. All quality ingredients sourced in USA.

#50444 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’ve never heard of it. Can you provide the link?

#50460 Report Abuse

Just google Petbrosia. I am not impressed. Basically they have two flavors of food, one grain free and one not. Chicken or salmon. The salmon ingredient list starts with salmon, then several other things before getting to menhaden fish meal. Then several more pea, navy bean etc flours. And just what the hell is “Optimizer digest AFB?” AFB is a company that makes flavorings for dog foods, but what is “optimizer digest”?? It told me my 18 lb, moderately active dog would have to eat 1 1/4 cups of the grain inclusive(which their “algorithm” supposedly choose for him..not too hard when there are only two products, lol

#50467 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Petbrosia is based in Cincy, where I live. It’s founder is a former P&G executive. Anyway, when I first heard about it, I actually met with him to discuss the food and give some input about it. He asked me to come to work for him, which I declined. Up until recently, it was a grain based, chicken based food. They have added salmon as an alternate protein recently, I believe. It is very expensive, and I believe because of that there are promotions that will be sent out occasionally to try small bags at a discount. I have never tried the food for my gang, and most likely never will. I think it has too many ingredients for my taste. Also, with 3 dogs having specialized blends for all would be very, very costly and feeding one dog’s specialized blend to all 3 seems weird, lol…..so, I think we’ll just stick with Wellness and Annamaet, Fromm and possibly Victor.

#50468 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

When it first came out, Red Moon was still around….and now it’s gone. If you recall, Red Moon, was a company that did a similar thing in that you could specialize supplements, etc. I actually liked the looks of it a little better than Petbrosia. I don’t know how long Red Moon was around, and I will be interested to see how long Petbrosia stays on the scene.

#50485 Report Abuse

Jan..google petbrosia reviews..it is very clear from those that there are several base formulas and one is choosen from those base formulas that most closely meet your pets needs. I thought it was fully customizable but it actually does not appear to be. One woman said her dog was allergic to fish and fish oil and she was told it was unable to be removed from the product. If truly customized for each pet it would be…

#50524 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Yep, Melissa, I agree. I feel if they’re going to claim it’s a custom food, then it should be but that would be almost impossible to do with a lot of different dogs. I think it’s some marketing.

#50535 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

OK thanks everybody, it sounded interesting, with the custom option and all so thought I’d throw it out to you. Out of my budget, anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.