šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Alex B
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I have a 4-month-old Australian Shepherd puppy, and we’ve been struggling a bit with food!

We had her on the Kirkland puppy chicken food, and she’s had some issues with terrible farting that the vet said hopefully will just go away with time. I don’t mean puppy farts I mean terrible gas that could clear the room every half hour! She would also have odd bouts of puking we weren’t too worried about

So 2 months later, and this week she has been consistently regurgitating her food moments after eating it. The vet said to slow feed and small frequent meals, which worked for about 4 days. Then last night she had another bout of vomiting, (actual vomiting and not just regurgitating) that had a bit of blood in it. Took her to the vet this morning and they’re thinking she has a very sensitive tummy. They aren’t thinking its an obstruction of any sort because its been so up and down and she’s active, happy and drinks water and her poops are completely normal

They gave us the prescription Hills I/d food to try. So we’re giving it a go, but I haven’t heard the best things about this food… I was hoping I could get some advice from someone whose knowledgeable. The hills is quite expensive for us (100 bucks for 8kg).

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.