Need wet dog food without chicken, but WITH grain

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Need wet dog food without chicken, but WITH grain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Claire R
    Participant

Does anyone know of a wet dog food with grain, but without chicken? I can’t find any at all. He needs wet (teeth issues), and grain (enlarged heart issues), but no chicken (allergy) for a small dog.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Claire R. Reason: spelling and added info
    #166887 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Clair have you looked into Freeze dried food. Many brands with single proteins. Also no need to look for grain in food if enough meat protein and nutritional ingredients are in the food naturally. Freeze dried is rehydrated to a soft consistently with warm water. Just look on top of DFA “BEST DOG FOOD” and select raw. I always stick to 5* reviews. Primal, Stella Chewy, Small batch, Bixbi Rawbbles, Open Farm are to name a few. Just go SLOWLY when transitioning. VERY Slowly. Good luck hope this helps. Also forgot to say most use HPP process as a kill process to kill bacteria in food. Still keeps the nutrients in food unlike kibble or canned..

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Patricia A.
    #167443 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice might work for you. I feed it to my two labs mixed in their dry food every few days. Good luck!

#167752 Report Abuse
    Aoife H
    Participant

I think you should start giving Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Healthy Weight Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, this very healthy and cost efficient food. I read review about it on a website i hope this will help you!

#168471 Report Abuse
    Annah K
    Participant

Yes Purina Pro is perfect for that. Good Luck.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Annah K.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.