šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MaltiPoo Mom
    Participant

My 8-lb. Malti-Poo has been eating small breed bits and I cut up food small for him. Thinking of switching to a 5-star brand but don’t know which ones have the small kibbles. Suggestions please.

#13380 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Amicus (by Horizon), Epigen (by Wysong), Brothers Complete, Nature’s Variety Instinct and Great Life Grain Free, and Merrick Grain Free are ones I’ve used and consider tiny to small. For grain food Nutrisource small/med breed puppy’s kibble is tiny triangles. Blue Buffalo Wilderness now comes in small breed.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/nutrisourcepupandgflamb_zpse9d9aadf.jpg

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/kibbles2_zps62503aae.jpg

#13381 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Nature’s Variety Instinct, Nature’s Logic, Horizon Amicus, EVO Small Bites and Fromm all have small kibbles.

#13382 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Sorry, must have been posting at the same time as you Sandy!

#13383 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

No problem! Took me a few minutes since I had to go find the pictures and load them up in the middle of posting!

#13389 Report Abuse

Maltipoo Mom-

For my small ones(smallest is just under 6lbs) I just make sure that anything that is a larger kibble is flat-not big round balls. The flat foods they can eat just fine

#13495 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have not fed it but doesn’t Solid Gold have “Just a Wee Bit” for smaller dogs? I assume the kibble would be smaller.

#13497 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Yeah, it is smaller. It’s 4 stars though and (unfortunately) it’s one of the formulas manufactured at Diamond (along with Wolf King, Wolf Cub and Hund-n-Flocken).

#13572 Report Abuse
    MaltiPoo Mom
    Participant

Thank you all so much for taking time to answer my question and even provide photos!
    I was out and about today and checked with Mud Bay and Pet Smart looking for Nature’s Logic. Neither of them carry it. I could probably order it on-line but if Neville doesn’t like it I’m out of luck
    I’ll welcome – and appreciate – any more suggestions.
    Thanks again!

#13603 Report Abuse

Maltipoo-

We know what Petsmart carries, but what brands of food does this “Mud Bay’ carry? If you can give us the brands, someone around here has probably used it and knows the kibble size.

#13604 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Maltipoo,

Have you gone to Nature’s Logic website and used their store locator?

#13606 Report Abuse
    MaltiPoo Mom
    Participant

Thank you, Sandy, I should have thought of that. Did as you suggested and found a pet store in town that carries Nature’s Logic! Brilliant!

#13607 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.