šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TmMura13
    Participant

There are four dogs in my house with four different needs. Gidget is an 8 year old Cocker Spaniel with serious colitis problems. Angel is a 6 year old Golden Retriever with minor skin problems. Ginger is a 4 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi with an overweight issue. Last is Shadow my 10 month old German Shepherd mix with diarrhea problems, demodex mites, demodectic mange, is extremely picky, needs to put on weight, might have a food allergy, is very high energy and possibly needs to stay from birds. There are so many brands of food out their I really don’t know with to choose.

#24079 Report Abuse

Well you just have your hands full, lol. The overweight one is not an issue. You can control that by upping exercise and decreasing what you are feeding. I would look into trying Abady granular with the two with colitis-it worked wonderful for my girl, but every dog is different of course. Its also VERY high calorie so your one will gain weight on it-I have used it on several rescues to date and not a single one failed to gain, and no one had stomach issues. I have also had great success with victor Grain free Ultra pro for weight gain and colits/IBD, but it is higher fat 22% so you would need to be careful if you have a fat sensitive dog.

#24085 Report Abuse
    TmMura13
    Participant

Also keep in mind that I live in Florida and I’m surrounded my national pet store retailers. There are very few small speciality pet store retailers around. Also I would prefer not to order online unless it is supplements.

#24089 Report Abuse

What are you currently feeding and what type of :skin issues” does the one have?

#24091 Report Abuse
    TmMura13
    Participant

Ginger – Hill’s Hillā€™sĀ® Prescription DietĀ® Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution

Gidget – Hill’sĀ® Science DietĀ® Mature Adult Active Longevity Small Bites / Hill’sĀ® Ideal Balanceā„¢
    Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Mature Adult

Angel – Hill’sĀ® Science DietĀ® Mature Adult Large Breed / Royal Canin GOLDEN RETRIEVER 25
    (skin allergy dermatitis)

Shadow – Hill’sĀ® Science DietĀ® Puppy Large Breed / Dick Van Patten’s Natural BalanceĀ® L.I.D. Limited Ingredient DietsĀ® Sweet Potato & Venison / Nutro Natural Choice Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb & Whole Brown Rice Formula Large Breed Puppy Food / Wildernessā„¢ Chicken Recipe for Puppies (What ever he will eat in) He is a very picky eater

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.