Need help with very limited ingredient for my 1 year old pittie

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Need help with very limited ingredient for my 1 year old pittie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nicole D
    Participant

Having a heck of a time trying to find a food for my dog that has allergies. Can’t find anything without chicken, sunflower oil, rosemary, no grains, sweet potato, yeast, garbonzo beans, etc. These were the main ones that I am finding in all of them. Does anyone know of anything that dose not have all this?

#168331 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi-
    Sounds like you are having a rough time finding an appropriate food for your pup. I am curious how you determined that he/she is allergic to all of those ingredients? Most allergy tests are not accurate and food allergies are not very common. Has your vet recommended an elimination diet?

Most will recommend a hydrolyzed prescription food to get the allergies under control. Then you can slowly add a new protein to see if there is a reaction.

A lot of people have great results with Purina ProPlan Sensitive Skin Salmon kibble that have dogs that are sensitive to chicken.

I hope you get it figured out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.