šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sbickford30

I have 4 dogs weighting from 7 lbs to 15 lbs I wanna fed them all human grade food not raw I don’t care what people say I don’t wanna fed them raw meat so I cook it how ever I don’t know how much meat they should eat as far as percentage verse vegetables and I fed them no grain what so ever .I give them chicken and I buy heart and gizzards and chicken livers and grind it all up together but I give more of the gizzards and liver then chicken cuz of the price .I give them a mix of veggies cooked as well. My problem my dogs r older I don’t wanna not give them what they need as far as vitamin I give them nu vet and I’m not sure if I should be giving them more vitamins .we have pellet stove and wood stove so there fur a little drier I need help please someone tell me how to fed them lol also I’m unsure of how much food to give them right now I’m giving them a 1/2 cup 2 times a day ty everyone

#29892 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

This recipe book has cooked/boneless food recipes and a recipe to make a complimentary vitamin mix to go with the food and serving suggestions: “Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats” by Dr Karen Becker/Beth Taylor. You might also look at the home-cooked area at dogaware.com for some tips.

http://dogaware.com/diet/homemade.html

#30241 Report Abuse
    sbickford30

Ok ty I will look in to it this week our dog poo had like jelly looking blood in it I Google said could be something could be food so we r watching them I’m just nervous I’m doing something wrong I may be over re acting

#30243 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Liver should be no more than 5% of the meat in their diet. It is high in fat soluable vitamins and can be overdone. And you can definitely get signs of intestinal distress in the stool if the diet is too far off.

#30307 Report Abuse
    sbickford30

So chicken is good and what other kind of meat can they eat everyday

#30338 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I feed mine meats on a rotating basis, turkey one day, beef the next, then fish. I feed as many different proteins as I can find, except chicken, due to dogs with food intolerances. I use goat, lamb, duck, bison, venison, beef, sardines, herring, salmon…whatever variety I can get.

Plus, I make a veggie puree to add to their food and add some different superfoods too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.