šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vizslajo
    Participant

Hi all-I have a 1 year old male Vizsla and I think I need to find a better food for him. He currently weighs about 45lbs, which my vet says is a healthy weight for him, but he is soooo skinny. We are very active, we go for 1 hour runs every morning, and usually gets a another hour play session of his favorite game, fetch, in the afternoons and then another 40minute-hour long walk in the evenings. I have been feeding him Blue Buffalo and recently switched to the Blue Buffalo Wilderness, he eats about 4 cups a day that I usually split into 2 meals, but you can very much see his ribs and even his little hip bones on his back. His morning stool are usually large and solid, but then goes at least two-three more times a day that become more and more runny and his gas is beyond horrible. I just want to put a little more weight on himā€¦any ideas?

#25137 Report Abuse
    Chip
    Participant

Hi there, I just posted a question right before you about some problems my dogs are having as well. My advice would be to check out Honest Kitchen. It really helped my dogs with digestive issues until recently when I screwed things up by trying to introduce a different brand of food because they were getting bored with my mixture of Blue Buffalo Freedom and Honest Kitchen that I had been feeding them for the past two years. Here is a link… I really love this company, how it conducts business, treats it’s workers, and creates awesome food for you good buddy: http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/products

#25141 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Hi vizslajo
    If stools are huge and gas is sticky, that can mean he is not getting everything out of his food that you cound wish. Try adding digestive enzymes and probiotics to his food. Chip is right, the Honest Kitchen is a better food, but I wouldn’t mix it with BB other than to switch foods. If you start feeding a rotational diet, your dog will be better able to digest foods, variety supports a wider range of probiotics in the gut. Good Luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.