šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dolores T

I have two seven year old boxers. They have been eating Acana dog food but once it switched from Canadian to USA they had bad, uncontrollable diarrhea with it. We tried Nulo but it seemed to give my one skin allergies. Now they are trying Merrick but do not seem to like it, they spit it out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#95199 Report Abuse
    Jane E

I have had Boxers for years and I know only too well those sensitive guts. Right now I have a 9 1/2 y/o and I feed Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Free Sprit and Nature’s Logic Canine Chicken Meal Feast. I look for dry foods without peas,legumes or beans of any kind. I find that with the newer formulations of even Champion Pet foods (Acana and Orijen) these are being added and are in the first 3-5 ingredients and so many dogs are just incapable of digesting and utilizing legumes. I fed Acana for many years but I do not anymore. I love the company and their transparency and their mission statement.
    May I ask how you feed,i.e.: twice a day or are they given food to free feed throughout the day? I’ve had a lot of Boxers which also include over 60 rescues and Boxers live to eat….unless they are ill. They do best with two feedings a day 10-12 hours apart. My hunch is that your guys just may have residual upset stomachs and hence why they are spitting food out

#95203 Report Abuse
    elaine c

Hi, don’t feed Merrick it was bought by purina and they are already messing up what once was respectable. The BEST food you can buy for your dogs, bar none, what I feed, is Answers Pet food. go to the web site and look it up. It is miraculous and I do not use that word lightly. I have always bought what I considered the best for my guys, I am a pro trainer. I have two rescue pits. Since my other pro friends have turned me on to this stuff my dogs have not looked back. For example my female, Lucy throw up and pooped blood, I started on this stuff and WOW what a difference! Also she had terrible terrible gas. there is no gas now. Now I understand that gas means that the gut is not digesting the food well. I could go on and on! I advise all my clients and I will do the same for you . this is REAL food. processed food can not be good. No kibble can really be good. canned food is cooked in the cans and it leaches metal.. buy raw buy this raw. And the dog love it. My make, CLEVe carries his bowl around with him after he eats it now!!

#95204 Report Abuse
    Jane E

Sure wish Answers was more affordable…it is by far the highest quality raw food I know…I couldn’t agree more

#95207 Report Abuse
    elaine c

jane you can buy just the meat. It is also fermented and complete. You could also feed it some meals every week. It will do benefit even if you do it like that

#95238 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature kibble formulas for allergy prone dogs have a high success rate of making symptoms go bye-bye.

#95621 Report Abuse
    samlab

Try Blue Buffalo Duck and Potato Limited Ingredient Grain Free dog food it is superb for dogs with allergies especially dogs with severe allergy issues.

#95832 Report Abuse
    Susan W

Hi Dolores,
    I’ve had REALLY good luck with VeRUS dog foods. And they’ll send you free samples so you can try it before you buy it. Verus is a 4-star food here (not sure why it is’t a 5) but they’ve never had a recall & their food always smells fresh all the way to the bottom of the bag. It never smells like dog food (i.e. dead/burned/dried out dead things).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.