šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I just found small cans(2.89oz) og food at Walmart called mom’s dinner by Variety pet foods at Walmart. The cans are perfect size for my small yorkie. The 1st few ingredients are: turkey,turkey broth, poultry liver,cracked barley, potatoes,ground brown rice,whole brown rice,chicken meal carrots sweet pot, etc. guaranteed analysts:protein 8.5’fat7.0′ fiber1.3 and moisture 78percent. It is not on the review list. Has anyone ever heard of this food and is it any good?

#24555 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I prefer my canned food to have a protein level of at least 11%.

#24556 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I have heard of Variety pet food. My local grocery carries it, along with Wal Mart, of course. I’ve never fed it, though. Sounds ok, but seems weird that the fat is almost as much as the protein, but I’m not an expert. I would say to try to find out more about the Variety pet food brand and if that info. along with the ingredients satisfy all your criteria then try a can to see if your dog(s) like it.

#24557 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

The fat in nature’s variety instinct is 7.5 but the protein is 10. This food cost .79 a can and variety’s instinct cost 5$ a can.I wonder if 2.5 more protein is woth that much more. I think sometimes we consumers get screwed over!!

#24563 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Definitely!!

#24579 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

There is a review for this food. It has been given 4 stars. I use this canned food as a topper for my dogs rotating with Kirkland cuts in Gravy, Pure Balance (also found at Walmart), and By Nature canned foods. Variety is probably my least favorite due to its gummy consistency, but as stated, the price is right with above average ingredients.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.