šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cinner00

I posted earlier accidentally as a reply. Still learning the forum. I am looking for a new dry food for my 12yr old Golden Lab who now has arthritis. He’s a big boy and he also has a sensitive stomach now. I can’t have anything that will put on pounds. He is not very active any more. Although our new pup has put a pep in his step. I need him to stick around for as long as possible. He is on a vet recommended glucosamine suppliment.

#19722 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

For dogs with arthritis, grain free is best. If he’s overweight at all, look t Wellness Core reduced fat.
    For the sensitive tummy, have you tried probiotics & digestive enzymes? I use probiotics from Swanson Vitamins (for humans) called Dr Langers. I think they’re buy one, get one free. For digestive enzymes, I use Mercola brand.

#19726 Report Abuse
    cinner00

Thank you for your advice. I was leaning in that direction since I’ve decided to give by pup the Wellness core puppy. I will look into the other suggestions for the tummy.

#19736 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You’re welcome! Also, HDM gave me a list of joint supplements with ingredients to help with inflammation; the one I chose was Joint Mobility plus from Swanson Vitamins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.