šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Judy M

My dog food is currently on Natural Balance Limited Ingredients diet and his current brand new bag is ‘sweet potato and bison’. He is a German Shepard mix 4 yrs. old, very smart, intelligent dog. He has not touched his food in five days. I called the company and they ‘say’ they have no recalls and he is just being picky or could be sick of the same dog brand. What… He has never not eaten his food. He will sniff it and walks away. He has to be sooo hungry and they say he is just being picky. I trust his instincts. He just ate some Purina from a neighbor, so that tells me it has to be the dog food. I gave the company the batch # and they are down playing it. I have been doing research and want grain-free with meat. My daughter uses Orijen, which he does likes. I am not opposed to buying that but wanted other choices. Any advice out there?

#64782 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Take a look at the Editor’s Choice lists, there are plenty out there. It IS true that dogs get sick of food, and I would highly recommend rotation feeding, find a few brands that work, and rotate protein sources and binders etc… get different flavors in there. He may not feel well from that food and think something is wrong which is why he’d avoid, but he also just may be bored.

also, 5 days is a long time, so i’d get him to the vet first

#64783 Report Abuse
    Judy M

Thanks for the advice. I should of mentioned I did take him to the Vet Wed night. All is fine, he was 3 lbs heavier from last visit. I will take back this food and get him another back and purchase another brand and mix it up for him, as long as he does not get diarrhea. Any advice on brands?

#64791 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

To avoid diarrhea, switch slowly the first few times, add canned pure pumpkin to the food, add probiotics. Once your dog is used to switching, you won’t have to do anything, just switch.

#64806 Report Abuse
    Judy M

I just bought him a bag of Orijen and added the pumpkin. Really appreciate the sound advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.