🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    patvl246
    Participant

I’ve been adding a cup of “Natures Variety Instinct Raw Boost Venison and Lamb Meal” to each of my English Mastiffs meals, 2 a day. He eats about 2 lbs raw at each meal. I’ve read great reviews on the “Raw” we feed, but can’t seem to find any information on the Natures Variety Raw Boost. Does anyone have any information on this food. Thanks

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Fix Duplicate Topic Title
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Fix Duplicate Topic Title
    #15197 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

It’s basically the Instinct kibble and the Freeze Dried raw mixed in, both of which have their own reviews. Not enough freeze dried pieces in it for me though. I like to put Vital Essentials FD nibblets into my kibble.

#15203 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thank You pugmomsandy. Where do you buy the “Vital Essentials” Thanks again

#15206 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

The Vital Essentials website was being updated last week when I checked, but you can find it on amazon and probably some other online retailers. I get the 1.5 lb bags and it lasts a while for me since I just use 1/4 cup at a time but I have small dogs and they don’t get it everyday since I feed a variety – kibble, canned, raw. It’s also a great treat size for them too. Freeze dried is much more expensive than kibble so feeding a large dog is somewhat cost prohibitive for some but I do get a discount on it which helps since I feed 3 small dogs!

#15207 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thank you pugmom

#15208 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You’re welcome! I like the ingredient list of the Vital Essentials. Very simple. Meat and bones, organs and oil. Can’t get any shorter than that! Sometimes I’m at dogforums(dot)com and pugvillage(dot)com too (aka Pugtown). Dogforums(dot)com has a great “raw feeding pictures thread”.

#15209 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I haven’t fed the NVI Raw Boost kibble to my dogs, but my cat eats it for her kibble, along with her canned and other moistened freeze dried foods, like Stella & Chewy’s and Primal. She loves this kibble way more than some others I’ve fed her….Orijen/Acana, Fromm, Nature’s Logic….so this is what she gets.

#15212 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thanks for the information pugmom, always interested in any info on raw food since my English Mastiff eat about 80% raw every day.

#15213 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

PugMomSandy: you go to dogforums too? I know Jan does, don’t think I knew you did! What’s your name there?

#15214 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Good to know, thanks

#15216 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

InkedMarie,

I’m Pugtown there, too. Rarely post except for maybe the raw feeding pictures thread a while back.

#15217 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Sandy, did you realize that I’m the same InkedMarie there as I am here?

#15218 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You know, I just haven’t been there in a while! I mostly look at the picture thread when I’m there. It’s a hoot! There’s a black pug there in several of them!

#15219 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Black pug is yours, I imagine! I’m going to browse when I get home from the gym, see if I can find you! I’ve been a member there for years, been posting to DogFoodChat for only a year or two

#15220 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Yes, I post to dogster, dogforum, dogforums, cavalier talk, dogfoodchat, and here, of course! I also like Vital Essentials freeze dried, but it’s harder for me to get than the others.

#15221 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

mom2cavs,
    What’s your name at dogforums?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.