šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stella W

Three weeks ago I purchased Nature’s Recipe Venison and Rice dry dog food serial # 30521 51460, use by 9/1/2017 and fed it to my lab mix and golden retriever. Both dogs became extremely ill, the lab mix was violently throwing up. I took the dogs to the vet the next day where unfortunately they could not save our precious golden retriever. The lab mix stayed at the vets on IV for a day and it took her over a week to recover once she got home. It is very unlikely that both of the dogs ate something else poisonous, if it was one dog than yes, but both dogs becoming extremely ill after eating this new batch of food, I blame the serial # of this food. I have been in contact with Nature’s Recipe and they are testing it. My vet sent in a report.

Come to find out there are now three negative reviews on Amazon.com about this food, two were it directly states this serial # (disclosure one of the reviews is my own), but it seems that it is making other dogs ill.

Has anyone else run into this issue after feeding their dogs this batch # of Nature’s Recipe Venison and Rice? I just don’t want what happened to my dog happen to anyone elses!

#94129 Report Abuse
    Andrea O

That’s horrible I’m really sorry to hear that. I do my own homemade diet for our dog so I know the food is stored, handled and processed correctly and I know exactly what’s going in it. I don’t trust anyone or any company with my pets life. Too much greed on the world these days.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.