šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susanne M

Hello!

I just had my dog allergy tested and fish mix is a significant allergen. What is that, exactly? Many of the high-quality foods profiled here feature fish as part of the ingredient list. I’m thinking she can’t have that? Turkey was negative; however it was a “high” negative. Are there food choices someone can recommend for her? Currently, she is on Royal Canin, the vet recommended version–she does well on this and has not had the ear issues she had previously. It is very expensive and I’m seeking other options. Thank you!

#88792 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature Zssentials limited ingredient dry dog food. They have duck, lamb or venison. No fish in them. You can read the list of ingredients on Chewy.com.

#88796 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

There are many non fish foods: bison, chicken, turkey, duck, venison, rabbit etc.
    Some brands that don’t have fish to start: Annamaet, Natures Logic, Dr Tim’s, Farmina and many more.
    If you tell us what your budget is, it would be easier. Otherwise, pick a couple brands & look at ingredients.

#88807 Report Abuse
    Susanne M

Thank you! I tried this at one point and I perceived it did not work. That could have been because we were trying to sort out some of the other factors that caused her to experience the health issues she was. At the time, I tried the turkey. I am familiar as well w Chewy. I will go back and take another look–my thanks!

#88808 Report Abuse
    Susanne M

I will go back and look at the list again. I am new to this whole arena–esp w allergies issues. Do you know what the ingredient methedrin oil is? It seems to be related to fish and either this, or fish meal is in most of what I have looked at in the stores. I thought the Dr.Tim’s had fish in it in the form of this oil or fish meal. As far as budget goes, I would like her to be less of a Kardashian! Ha! I’m joking. She is currently on Royal Canin, per my previous vet’s recommendation. The cost is about $92 for 19.8 lbs. and I get it from Chewy. I’m hoping to find a high-quality dog food that’s less expensive. I appreciate your suggestions!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.