My 6yr old Whippet with rumbling tummy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health My 6yr old Whippet with rumbling tummy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rosa Lee P

In the last year, my little girl has experienced a lot of tummy rumbling issues. When she is like this she doesn’t eat her normal dog food (grain-free 4-5 stars), and seeks grass outside. I give her fresh cooked chicken as a topper. Is this not good?
    Does anyone have food advice?

#39563 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hello, Its the bowel that is rumbling not their tummy, My boy was suffering rumbling of the bowel (Tummy) & vet said it was Colitis & he needed a low fat diet, since Ive had Patch on a low crude fat & low fat diet he has not had rumbling of the tummy (Colitis)… Ive also read that dogs that suffer from Colitis, Pancreatitis & IBD are better off not eating kibble as kibble is harder to digest & some kibbles are high in crude fat & very hard, Ive read that dogs are better off on a Raw diet or cooked Diet, I boil chicken Breast boiled pumkin & 1/2 egg & mash it all up so it all digested.. I buy 1 kilo of chicken breast cook then freeze, I also do the same with the pumkin, I cut up in small pieces boil then freeze, the egg I boil every second day & just take out the chicken pumkin frim freezer the night before, I still give Patch his kibble at night only but its a low residue kibble made by Eukanuba called Intestinal it breaks up easy, but if ur in America they dont sell this vet diet, its called Iams but the ingredients are different not as good as the Eukanuba Intestinal..If you dont want to cook maybe look for a lower crude fat kibble that’s not as hard, I found if the kibble has Potato or sweet potato the kibble will be hard also the grainfree kibble seem to be very hard. Just add some water to a couple of kibbles in a glass & wait 1 minute then see if u can they crush the kibble inbetween 2 spoons. A good kibble should just break up.. I found the Holistic Select adult health kibbles aren’t hard when water is added they soften within 1 minutue then I drain the water this has also helped Patch..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.