🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BRT

Here are my original threads….

/forums/topic/could-it-be-the-fromm/

I switched both dogs over to Regal Venison because my 8 year old male maltese/toy poodle was have tummy issues with Fromm Grain Free Beef. They’ve been on Regal for a couple of weeks now and his tummy issues are much better, and his poop is firm.

However, now he has terrible yeast issues. His tears stains are awful, he has staining around his mouth, and his tummy is red with yeast. He’s also started scratching a lot and licking a lot.

I have no idea what to do at this point. Do I have to sacrifice one problem with another?

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by BRT.
    #29057 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Try to find a venison based low starch food, then add pure pumpkin, digestive enzymes, and probiotics to help with stool issues. Wash with essential oil shampoo, not oatmeal.

#29062 Report Abuse
    BRT

The stool issues are fine now and I’m adding pure pumpkin. However, it’s the yeast issues I need advice about.

#29079 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m saying change foods to one that is low carb and if changing foods starts messing with his stool, then have the other stuff on hand. Systemic yeast is fed by carbs in the diet, so he needs as low a carb food as you can find. I hope you are keeping ingredient lists from the foods you have tried so you can figure out what the reaction is to. I would assume you are seeing food intolerance issues.

#30900 Report Abuse
    BRT

I just wanted to post an update that I back in early Dec I switched dog foods again to Lotus Duck Grain Free and my boy is doing great! No tummy issues, and no tear (yeast) staining issues. Lotus is a little $$$ for me, but so far it’s been well worth it. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

#31347 Report Abuse
    foodle

Speaking of bowel problems, my dog became issue-free when I started her on Evo ckn about 7 yrs ago and did very well until the Evo recall last April. I have tried about 10 foods since then for various lengths of time and nothing works like Evo to produce a small, fairly dry stool without straining. I bot a bag of Evo and waited 6 weeks, called the company and it had not been recalled so I gave her 1 Tablespoon of it with 3 T of another dry she has been eating. About 12 hours later she threw up the whole serving, looked about like it did when it went in except moist. I waited two days and the third day I gave her the same combination and about 9 hours later she threw that up. She has not thrown up anything in all the months this has been going on. What can be causing this? I really want to get her back on Evo. Maybe this is coincidence and I should try again?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.