Milk Bone Good Morning Healthy Joints & Milk-Bone Total Wellness

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Milk Bone Good Morning Healthy Joints & Milk-Bone Total Wellness

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joanne m

Both of these are Daily Vitamin Treats – do they do what they say and are they good for my dogs? My 2 dogs weigh about 10 lbs each and I give them 1/2 of each daily.

#103043 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m not familiar with them but I choose high quality food and treats for my dogs. Anything by Milk Bone doesnt enter my house. Unless what you’re feeding is inferior, dogs dont need vitamins. If they have joint issues, there are many high quality joint supplements to choose from.

#103046 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Your Milk Bones Wellness treats have flour and fat fillers plus salt and coloring. Causing more harm than good. Very crude ingredients that reflect its low price point):

Chicken, Wheat Flour, Soybean Flour, Glycerin, Tapioca Flour, Animal Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Water, Salt, Citric Acid (Used as a Preservative), Inulin, Fat Product (Source of Docosahexaenoic Acid), Caramel Color, Calcium Propionate, Beta-Carotene, Zinc Proteinate, Betaine, Zinc Propionate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Used as a Preservative), Taurine, Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin, Kale Powder, Rosemary Extract.

However, you’re on the right track to helping your pups’ joint health! I do so with my boys who have bad knees, they fly around like Superman. May I highly recommend for you to get the best…

Dasuquin with MSM for small dogs. Worth every penny. 😊

#103047 Report Abuse
    a c

What’s difference between Dasuquin w MSM and Dasuquin? I am looking for joint health supplement. She doesn’t have arthritis. Thanks!

#162089 Report Abuse
    sunshine D
    Participant

A C. The difference is the added msm & heres info on msm
    MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a form of sulphur which can be valuable for arthritis, joint pain and swellings. It can be particularly beneficial for acute muscle injuries and some forms of arthritis as it strengthens connective tissue and also helps to increase the permeability of the joint and muscle membranes allowing the release of excess fluid. This can result in a relief of swelling as well as drainage of inflammatory toxins. However, many dogs are sensitive or intolerant to sulphur compounds which can then result in fatigue, shortness of breath, congestion, immune issues, or skin problems. In addition, the long-term use of MSM depletes calcium levels which then exacerbates joint problems. All of these symptoms can occur shortly after taking the supplement or appear more slowly over time. No matter how your dog responds, dose on the side of caution and limit the use of MSM to thirty days unless obvious benefit is demonstrated beyond that time.

#162090 Report Abuse
    sunshine D
    Participant

ZCRiley , ur post is negative then turns to mame it seem like u like / approved of the product & heres some info on avocados
    we do know that dogs especially sensitive dogs can develop pancreatitis, even if they only eat a small amount of avocado pulp.
    Pancreatitis is inflammation of the digestive organ called the pancreas. In some cases, this condition can even be fatal. So as a rule, I actually do not recommend feeding avocados to dogs.
    If your dog eats the pulp of an avocado, it’s always a good idea to watch them for 24-48 hours, and report any vomiting, diarrhea or signs of abdominal discomfort to your veterinarian.
    While there are some health benefits to avocados—including vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants— these benefits can be obtained by feeding other foods that are lower in fat and do not contain the risk of inducing pancreatitis.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.