🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kristin S

I would like to know why you are still recommending Merrick dog food when they were bought out by P&G? Will there be a new review of the food now that it’s under new ownership?

Thanks!

#81531 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You need to go to the search here on DFA and type in “how we rate dog food”.

#81533 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Kristin S-
    I have absolutely nothing to do with rating the dog food on this site. I for one, still continue to feed Whole Earth Farms/Merrick foods. I have not noticed any difference in the food so far since the purchase agreement with Nestle Purina Company. I’m hoping that they continue to operate as an independent business. Merrick has their own manufacturing facilities for both dry and canned food. I’m looking forward to them using Nestle Purina’s money to become an even better company.

http://www.merrickpetcare.com/news-center/news-releases/merrick-pet-care-announces-purchase-agreement-by-nestle-purina-petcare-company

Purina already has a lot of grocery store type foods, why would they lower the quality of Merrick just to compete with the foods they already sell?

#81992 Report Abuse
    Jay M

crazy4cats,
    To answer your question. PROFITS!! The bottom line for Purina.

#82004 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Lol, Jay M!
    I think that’s the name of the game for most businesses!

#82064 Report Abuse
    Kristin S

New lawsuit against Merrick…. It was only a matter of time!

“SAN JOSE, Calif. (Legal Newsline) – A Ventura County, California man is suing several pet food manufacturers and sellers over claims they falsely labeled certain products as being made in the U.S.

Sean Randall, individually and for all others similarly situated, filed a class-action lawsuit Jan. 7 in the Western Division of the Northern District of California against Merrick Pet Care, doing business as Castor and Pollux Natural Petworks LLC; Pet Appeal One LLC, also known as Castor and Pollux Natural Petworks LLC; Nestle USA; Nestle Purina Petcare; and Does 1-10, alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition Law and California’s Consumer Legal Remedies Act.

The suit states the defendants falsely labeled certain dog and cat food and treat products as made in the U.S., when these products allegedly include vitamin, mineral and amino acid packs that contain ingredients sourced outside the U.S.”

http://legalnewsline.com/stories/510658198-pet-food-makers-sued-over-allegedly-mislabeling-products

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.