Meat grinder

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Meat grinder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    simmy

So after reading many topics and review I bought bought the Weston #32 grinder for $700 to grind turkey necks without an issue. After around 60lb of meat and only around 10 lb. turkey neck it stopped working. I returned it back to the manufacturer and hoping that the warranty will cover it.

Bones got stuck several times in the machine. Even though I already seperated them to small pieces with a cleaver. I see some people claim they even put a whole turkey neck and the machine grinded it without an issue.

Need some advice from the weston owners. What am I doing wrong?

#73463 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Do you use thick turkey necks or tom necks? I have a #22 and it has done turkey necks up to 3 inches wide. Once in a while I use reverse if it gets stuck but then it keeps going. I try not to grind necks over 3 inches wide. Also when I buy whole turkeys, I don’t buy larger than 13-14 lbs.

#73466 Report Abuse
    simmy

I used hen necks, thought they are smaller and thinner and would be easier to grind.

#73467 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I also use the larger plate (chili meat plate). I can fit my pinkie finger through the holes. It has bigger holes so the meat/bones doesn’t get backed up trying to be crushed to fit through the smaller plate.

#73468 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

only advice i can offer is make sure the blade is not in backwards. ive heard that can create those type of issues and its very common for people to not realize the blade is in backwards.

#73470 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

So true! I had a friend over for grinding a large batch and she had put the blade in backwards and the machine kept getting stuck.

#73476 Report Abuse
    simmy

Yeah, I thought that too, but then I checked the manual, the blade was placed properly.

Maybe it was just a bad production. Even though it is a very small possibility…

#73518 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

hmm..ya you have might have had a lemon then. i havent used a grinder before but i watched a video about making raw cat food and that was a big issue she mentioned.

hopefully your next one works better!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.