šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Case

What brands of kibble have the highest meat content? Does anything trump Orijen’s 80%?

#44470 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Is Orijen’s 80% the amount of protein that comes from meat or the amount of ingredients that are meat based?

Look at Wysong Epigen, Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Primitive Naturals, Brothers Complete, and Nature’s Variety Instinct. Off the top of my head, those are the ones that I can think of that are highest in protein. The chicken varieties are always the highest.

#44472 Report Abuse
    Case

It’s the percentage of meat ingredients.

I already use EHGFPN, and planned to try Brothers after reading about it earlier today. I will check out the others. Thanks.

#44474 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Farmina, Evo, Nature’s Logic, Timberwolf Platinum, Victor, Wellness Core.

#44587 Report Abuse

I know the Timberwolf Platinum is 80/20 just like Orijen as I saw it in my local pet store this past weekend. It is made in Windemere, FL and not widely available online like a lot of other foods. Victor has 3 varieties that have 80% or more protein from meat: GF Ultra Pro, Victor Select Hi-Pro Plus, and Victor Select Performance Formula.

I will be ordering from BC soon. I wish I had looked into them sooner. Free shipping on orders of $40 or more and 1 day shipping if you live in FL (which I do…yes!).

#44588 Report Abuse

I forgot one. Horizon Legacy, also a Canadian kibble like Orijen, has 81% protein from animal sources.

#44717 Report Abuse
    Case

Thank y’all. I think I’m going to end up trying some of these brands (after more research).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.