Mast cell tumor on my Pit Bull

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Mast cell tumor on my Pit Bull

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Deb B

Hi I’m sorry if this has been answered before but I just found out my pit bull Bella has a mast cell tumor. I know I maybe jumping the gun since she hasn’t had her surgery yet but I’m really concerned about her food. I have been giving her Fromm gold adult (mentioned it to my vet he’d never heard of it) and I’m wondering if that is ok. Switched to that because I was sick of all the recalls and it seems like they had a good track record. All the research I’ve done mention carbs and sugar fueling cancer growth, so my question is should I change her food? Sorry if I sound dizzy, I am I can’t wrap my brain around the word cancer. Thanks for any help. Bella’s Mom

#35861 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

You should google “high histamine foods” and find the link to the mastocytosis society(I think that’s what it was called). Print up their list of foods to avoid, then check your dog’s food against that list.

It would be best for your dog if you could make fresh homemade food, but if you can’t, I’ve heard good things about Canine Caviar for dogs with cancer.

If you can make homemade then Steve Brown’s book “Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet” and Dr. Karen Becker’s book “Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats” are great resources.

#35961 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I can’t help but wanted to say I’m sorry for the diagnosis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.