Lymphoma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CM86
    Participant

My dog has a high suspicion of Lymphoma. Secondary testing at the end of the week will either deny or confirm.

I am already trying to be proactive in the even it is in fact bad news. Yesterday I grabbed the lowest carb food I could find at my local non-chain pet store. I ended up with Orijen Regional Red which contains 15% fruits and vegetables which is the only part which would contain any carbs….the rest of the food was 30-40% fruits and veggies.

I need to do more research, but for the mean time I at least wanted to make some progress which the food change over. I am currently blending the Orijen Regional Red into his current food which contains sweet potatoes (carbs grrr).

Was this a waist of money or was getting him on regional red until I figure out a better game plan a helpful decision ?

#151490 Report Abuse
    anonymous

You may want to make an appointment with a veterinary oncologist, asap. for the best recommendations and treatment options.

There are a lot of myths about food and cancer and false information. Wait and see what the vet recommends.

Hope these articles help http://skeptvet.com/Blog/?s=cancer

#151604 Report Abuse
    a c

I lost my boy to Lymphoma almost three years ago. I hope your dog doesn’t have this terrible disease. Meanwhile, give him some fresh real food while he is willing to eat. Fresh food is better than the processing food. Try those websites: [email protected] and https://www.DogCancerBlog.com for more information.

Wish you the best.

#151917 Report Abuse
    Linzerella10
    Participant

I just lost my 3 1/2 year old rottweiler in October to lymphoma. All I can say is, do not wait very long to start treatment. That is a rapid spreading cancer that can kill a dog in weeks even with treatment. We did 10 months of chemotherapy and sadly we lost the battle. I pray that your dog does not have lymphoma.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.