Lost

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ashley M

Hi everyone,
    I’m new to this forum, but my dog is having some health problems and I don’t know we’re to go from here. I have taken her to two different vets in the last two weeks. It first started out as Addie, my boxer, was not putting any pressure on her right leg. I thought she had just done something to it and was sore or had something in her paw. I looked at it found nothing. The next day she was loosing control of her back end so both legs and was crying because of something, I assumed pain. I set up a vet appointment with my usually vet, they couldn’t figure out what was going on with her. They did an x-ray of her leg and there was nothing, so they figured she had done something and perscribed her some pain and anti-inflamlatory meds. They worked for two days and what ever was happened went back to what it was doing but this time worse and I noticed it more when she need to go to the bathroom. So I took her back into my vet, they did xrays of her lower spine and a blood plannel. They told me her tail bone and her last vertebrea were rubbing together and that is what was causing her pain and they referred me to the local animal hospital to have a ct scan done to be sure, which was just going to cost me $105 just for a consult that didn’t include the ct scan. Her blood work came back all normal. One of my aunts suggested I go to her vet and so my husband and I took Addie to my aunt’s vet. He told us no surgery was need and it was nothing with her spine but more like a soft tissue injury or cancer (he got this answer from looking at here x-rays that my vet put on a disc for me and a print out of her blood pannel results). That same night that we took Addie to my aunt’s vet she ended up with a huge bump on the top of her head, I would say it was about the size of a golf ball, it didn’t seem to bother her and was hard but didn’t move. The next morning when we woke up there was no bump on the top of her head however she had a loose skin under her chin with looked like a turkey gobble to me. She still has this not as big as it was yesterday, its soft not hard and doesn’t seem to bother her at all. I’m not sure if she maybe having an allergic reaction to her pain pills the vet gave to her, so I stopped them as of last night. Now I have noticed today that the bump on the top of her head is back, its hard, doesn’t seem painful and doesn’t move. She is losing weight but still eating normal, we give her 2 cups in the morning and 1 cup at night, she is drinking water normal. I have also noticed now when she needs to go to the bathroom she is only walking on her front legs and her back legs are up in the air. I need some help as to what to do she doesn’t seem to have the pain anymore and doesn’t cry when she is walking or getting up. I can’t afford to do anymore testing as of right now she has kinda cleared out my account. She just lays around and sleeps all day just getting up to eat and go outside. Please help.

Thank you

#58146 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Ashley, its sad watching them suffer…..you dont say how old ur girl is?? I had a boxer Angie, she started to go down hill at 9 years old with Mast Cell Tumors… but this is different what is happening with ur girl….I would be getting the CT Scan, its the only way to see what is happening, it could be coming from her nervous system & brain thats why the x-ray aren’t showing anything, the CT scan will show everything, it may be something simple & she may just need meds, she is losing weight, something is wrong, it breaks ur heart…..do you belong to any boxer groups, on yahoo or face Book there’s a few Boxer groups around, as they may have had a boxer that had the same symtoms…..Good-Luck

#58147 Report Abuse
    Ashley M

Hi Susan,

Addie is 2, we adopted her in March so we have only had her for a short time. I would love to do the ct scan so I know what’s going on, I just can’t afford it at this time.

Thank you for replying

Ashley

#58154 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Geeee 2 years old is young, I thought she may be getting old, poor girl, sometimes vets have where you can do a payment plan of pay off weekly, did you get Addie thru a rescue group cause normally if they come thru a rescue group they help out if they have health problems after being adopted, well they do in Australia & a photo of the dog gets put on their site & they ask for donations to help pay for her treatment, If I had the money i’d pay for CT scan to see what is happening with her..there has to be someone that will help…Im not firmilar with rescue in America, but there has to be charities that help with vet bills..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.