Loose stools English Cream Golden Pup

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Loose stools English Cream Golden Pup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EBM

Our 19 week old English Cream was prescribed Royal Canin GI Puppy by our vet after three negative parasite samples and repeatedly worsening loose stools. He was on Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy. He switched fine to the new food but it is prescription and expensive and I really think he couldn’t tolerate something in the Blue Buffalo. I have read various positions on the cause stemming from too high a protein to a diet too rich. After researching, I am slowly swithcing to Fromm Gold Large Breed. Any thoughts comments or feedback! Just want to feed him a high quality food but don’t wat to feed presecription if it was only an allergy or sensititvity. Thanks !

#32675 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would totally disagree that it is too much protein or too rich, at this point. The reason I say this is because there have been so many people that have reported vomitting and diarrhea on BB just lately, even with dogs that have been on BB for a long time.

Have you seen the thread on Large and Giant Breed Puppy Nutrition? You should at least read the first few pages of it.

Nature’s Variety Instinct Rabbit or their LID Turkey are fine for large breed puppies. And Annamaet has a couple formulas that are good, too. Hound Dog Mom has a list on that thread that has foods with appropriate calcium levels for large breed puppies. The newest list is on page 15. Some formulas that are labled for large breed puppies are too high.

#32677 Report Abuse
    EBM

Thank you Pattyvaughn. I am new to this forum and can’t locate the thread you referenced.
    Just hopeful to find a food for pup that he digests well.

#32678 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

/forums/topic/large-and-giant-breed-puppy-nutrition/
    Here it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.