šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    liciakaz
    Participant

Hello all I posted in another post about potato free and read through the sticky I may have missed something but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a food that it completely grain free, chicken free, and potato free? I’m talking all variety of potato, white, sweet anything? I have two huskies who I believe may be suffering from zinc responsive dermatitis and the vet I have talked to says to start out with a complete diet change before trying any tests as she says the skin biopsy needed is ridiculously expensive and she has had success before with this condition just by changing foods and treats. The diet change is needed especially since I have noticed the lesions appear after a couple weeks of heavy oats consumption as I work for a small business making oat based dog treats and have had many to bring home lately and they are on american natural premium original which also has oats. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#26144 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Is chicken fat ok since it doesn’t have protein and what about eggs, duck, turkey?

#26145 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Nature’s Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diets, California Natural (grain free: Salmon Meal and Peas, Kangaroo and Lentils, Lamb Meal, Venison and Green Lentils), Grandma Lucy’s Pureformance, Great Life Dr E’s Grain/Potato free Limited Ingredient Diets, Great Life Grain Free Salmon and Buffalo, Back to Basics Pork and Open Range High Protein formulas, Innova Prime Beef & Lamb and Salmon & Herring formulas, Only Natural Pet MaxMeat Beef or Lamb & Cod, Smack Salmon, Ziwipeak, Canine Caviar Grain Free, Natural Balance LID Legume and Duck Meal.

Horizon Legacy Fish and Horizon Pulsar Fish (have egg product), Nutrisca Salmon (eggs), Epigen Fish and Venison (chicken fat), EVO Red Meat and Herring and Salmon (eggs), Avoderm Revolving Menu (chicken fat), Dogswell LiveFree Lamb (dried eggs), GO! Senisitivity and Shine grain free Turkey (dried egg).

There’s more choices if you look at canned foods.

#26164 Report Abuse
    liciakaz
    Participant

thank you very much! I am not sure about chicken fat, egg, duck or turkey. She just said no chicken. I might have to try contacting her again to clarify that. I will get to looking at the foods you have listed for me though, much appreciated!!

#26173 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Look above, in the yellow at the stickie. Find one without chicken.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.