Late Night Snacks

Dog Food Advisor Forums Homemade Dog Food Late Night Snacks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

I was wondering what to give Ginger for a late time snack with a little bit of sardines. I’m looking for healthy and low cal. Thanks in advance

#56042 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

How about a few pieces of kibble or a bit of chicken. Or maybe a super green supplement or a few blueberries for the antioxidants.

#56044 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Zach, I sometimes give Patch ‘Rice Cakes’ at night they’re very low in fat if any …smear 1 sardine on the rice cracker biscuit, then break up or cut up, Ginger will love it…

#56057 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I like BC’s suggestions.

I’ll also add that my dogs bedtime snacks of choice are Vital Essentials freeze dried tripe treats. VE makes lots of treats I like.

#56095 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

Well, this might not be low cal, but my dogs love a few chips. Potato, tortilla, anything crunchy makes them happy, even the teensiest, tiniest bit (if those are words). They are 35 and 25 lbs. Hope that helps.

#56110 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Thanks guys for all the input. Dogfoodie, I was about to order some VE beef treats, the beef and beef tripe and lung etc. treats. I think I will order them, and thanks for the other suggestions guys. BC, any good ideas for Super food supplements?

#56111 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I just opened up a package of Wellness Superfood treats. Here’s a link: http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/m/categories.aspx?pet=dog&pt=3&pl=18&ct=2. Click on dog treats if it doesn’t take you right there. I’d also be interested in other suggestion for something less processed.

#56112 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/natures-answer-greens-today-original-formula-18-oz-pwdr
    This is one super food supplement that I liked, but there are many good ones. Just look for one that doesn’t have green tea in it. Any of the brightly colored berries are superfood. Bee pollen is great.

#56113 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Mine usually get Springtime Fresh Factors, which contain bee pollen, in the evening. They don’t care for Spirulina wafers, which are often left behind when I try to mix them in with their meals.

#56114 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Yeah, I have heard of those supplements. I might try them. Thanks guys!

#56115 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Mine make a big production out of eating spirulina wafers, but they do eat them. I usually mix a few different superfood powders together and I think my dogs would eat anything to get to the seaweeds.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.