Large Breed Puppy with Sensitive Tummy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Large Breed Puppy with Sensitive Tummy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lane M

I have a 15 month Great Dane Mastiff mix puppy. She is about 135lbs and has a sensitive tummy. Can anyone suggest a dry food?

#82048 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature Zssentials on chewy.com

#82049 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

When you say she has a sensitive stomach, what exactly do you mean? What are her symptoms? Loose stool, diarrhea, vomiting, gas, rumbly tummy, regurgitation, itchiness, ear / skin issues, etc.; and, when do her symptoms flare. Have you identified any ingredients to which she seems to respond negatively?

#82050 Report Abuse
    Lane M

Pudding poo that sometimes becomes diarrhea. Especially when she is a given a treat (possibly greenies). We have tried going yeast free and thought that was the answer. She has no other symptoms that you mentioned. We have also debated about how much to feed her and varied that to see if it would help. (Read that too much food can cause loose stool)

#82051 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I’d definitely agree that overfeeding is the leading cause of loose stool.

What is she eating currently?

Have you eliminated the Greenies?

#82070 Report Abuse
    Laura M

Nutrisource is a good food that deals with the sensitive digestive track very well. I put my puppy on the large breed puppy formula and he has never had a problem – even when changing over from what the breeder had him on at 9 weeks. He is 7 months old now. I would recommend it because dealing with diarrhea is no fun. I would also eliminate the greenies until you get things under control. Good luck.

#82076 Report Abuse
    Jane E

Pure Vita turkey and sweet potato

#82077 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I agree with NutriSource and stopping the greenies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.