šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric M

I have a six month old GSD and I am looking for a large kibble to train with that is rated high. Any thoughts?

#81238 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hi Eric,
    Go to the Diet & Health Issues forum here. On top, in a yellow sticky, is a thread on large breed puppy food.

#81588 Report Abuse
    Marc D

1. Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula with Bison and Roasted Venison 36-44 for 30 pound bag
    2. 4HEALTH PUPPY FORMULA (has grain from Tractor Supply) $37 for a 30 pound bag

#81596 Report Abuse
    Jenn H

I just switched my 6 month old GSD from Wellness Grain Free Core Large Breed Puppy to Solid Gold Wolf Cub.
    I chose Wellness because of its calcium content not being more than 1.5%
    It took a while to find another brand to put in his rotation that doesn’t exceed the recommended maximum calcium amount for large breed pups.
    He’s done well on both so far. I think I like the Solid Gold more. I feed him half the amount and it’s not grain free.
    It’s difficult to find LBP food that doesn’t exceed 1.5% calcium. You may have to do the leg work and email companies asking for the maximum amount on a dry matter basis as fed. Annoyingly they often just put min amounts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.