šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa W

I have three Goldens. Two are 8 and one is 5. I have been feeding Blue Large breed and am thinking of switching. I don’t see any recommedations for large breed. Any suggestions?

#83235 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I am not positive but I don’t think there are special needs for large breed adults. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will answer. Blue has had it’s share of problems; a quick google search will give you info.

#83238 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Most large breed foods will have bigger kibble and lower fat to help keep weight off them since we all know having an overweight large breed can be devasting to their joints. They also tend to add glucosamine and chondrotin to those foods, not that it matters since the amount is not theraputic.

Fromm Gold Large Breed Adult would be my suggestion.

#83296 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Thanks, Pitlove. Not having large breed dogs, I didn’t know that.

#83299 Report Abuse
    Lisa W

Thanks for the suggestion. There are so many foods to choose from. It makes the decision very difficult.

#83393 Report Abuse
    sharon s

Hello, I’m new to this forum, having some trouble getting started. I want to know if anyone has rating for Blue Seal puppy food to a large breed pup. I see it has a good rating, however, I’m not sure it can be fed to larger breed pup. I’m in knots over what to feed that is affordable. Have fed Blue Seal for many years.

#84176 Report Abuse
    Tom C

I’m just trying to find one that my almost 2 year old will eat. Ive tried royal canine, wellness, even blue diamond wilderness. i’ve put toppers on them but still he won’t stay interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.