🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lori
    Participant

I would like to know if there is a problem/your experience with feeding 1/2 kibble 1/2 raw in a single meal. I also add a Tbsp of yogurt, fish oil and probiotics, I am currently using Great Life Probiotic & Enzyme. Their other meal is kibble with veggies, yogurt, coconut oil and probiotics. I use commercial raw like Vital Essentials or Small Batch Pet or K9 Natural. They expect something on the top of their food that is why I don’t do veggie and raw as one meal. I do also feed freeze dry raw instead of raw a couple times per week so they get variety. Maybe too much variety? I have one dog with a gurgly stomach the younger one is fine.

#15519 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi lori –

Sounds like you’ve got a good feeding plan going! There’s no such thing as too much variety. 🙂

As long as your dog doesn’t seem to have any issues eating kibble and raw in the same meal it’s fine to combine the two. Many people combine kibble and raw with no issues. I’ve read some websites that advise not mixing kibble and raw due to potential stomach upset but I’ve never actually heard of a dog having issues with mixing the two.

#15523 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

My 4 dogs have been on Darwin’s Raw turkey for a week now and we mix some kibble in with it plus probiotics and enzymes and some pumpkin at times and have not had an issue by mixing the two.

#15527 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I mix raw in kibble all the time and have had no problems with any of my dogs.

#15535 Report Abuse
    lori
    Participant

Thank you for answering my question! I really appreciate it and I learned so much from all of you reading the threads – cheers!

#15552 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve been mixing kibble and raw since 2011. Now it’s kibble, canned, freeze dried, or raw in any combo.

#15578 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Yep sometimes I mix canned 95% all meat mixed in with the Raw and kibble and pumpkin and I switch up and do in the morning feeding I put enzymes and in the evening feeding I put probiotics. My crew is really thriving on Darwin’s Raw. They are for sure eating better, even my picky eater 🙂 I am seriously lovin it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.