🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael G

I feed my 8 month old Australian Labradoodle Origen Adult plus raw chuck. He’s 35 lbs. and gets a heaping cup of Origen + ¼ cup of raw chuck cut into cubes in the AM and just the Origen for dinner. I also add a heaping teaspoon of nonfat plain yogurt to each meal. He’s doing great on that diet and stools are easy to pick up. I expect his adult weight to be about 40-45 lbs. The chuck is not expensive since I buy about 4 lbs. at a time.

#55310 Report Abuse
    Lillian N

Sounds good. I wanted to try incorporating some raw meat into my dogs diet as well.

#56973 Report Abuse
    Cindy S

I am transitioning my two greyhounds from Natural Balance to NOW Fresh dog food (dry). They get bored so easily, so I feed them that in the evenings, and I usually mix in some cooked ground beef and a little cheese, or some cooked chicken to make it more enticing/interesting. In the mornings, I now feed them K9 Natural – Chicken Feast raw frozen food, which they really like; the challenge with that is that I live in northern CT and it is hard to find a store that carries it consistently, so I’ve had to order it online (and pay a $30 frozen food surcharge, which I’m happy to do if it means my dogs will eat!). I have been looking for a dogfoodadvisor.com rating for the K9 Natural raw frozen foods, but only see the K9 Natural Freeze Dried Raw (Freeze-Dried); the raw freeze dried chicken feast has a 5-star rating, but not sure if that applies to the raw frozen chicken feast, does anyone know? Thanks so much!

#56976 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Cindy,
    Order online, most of us here do! Chewy.com, wag.com, Petflow.com, SportDogFood.com, petfooddirect.com are all good. Keep away from doggie food.com.

#56978 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Cindy S-
    Try filling out this form that is found in the library. Maybe they will review it for you. Good luck! /contact-us/suggest-dog-food-review/

#56987 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Cindy
    I would look at both ingredient lists. They may be identical, but one frozen the other freeze dried.

#57405 Report Abuse
    Cindy S

Thank you so much crazy4cats. I did complete and submit the form, and Community Support for dogfoodadvisor.com replied that she did not see the complete product label info in a government compliant format for the K9 Natural Raw Frozen dog food on K9’s web site. I subsequently emailed K9 Natural and they responded (very promptly!) that they are working on updating their web site and they will be including complete labeling information. In the meanwhile, I will, as theBCnut suggests, compare the ingredient lists of the raw frozen version to the freeze dried to see what, if anything, does not match up. Appreciate the help and support!

#57443 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Cindy
    Don’t forget that the guaranteed analysis will be completely different because the GA for the frozen includes 70-80% water, the GA for freeze dried might only have 2-3% water. But you should be able to tell from the ingredient list/order whether or not they are virtually identical.

#57699 Report Abuse
    Cindy S

Thanks, I do order via petfooddirect.com and they are very good. Unfortunately, none of those websites ship raw frozen foods — from what I can see — only raw freeze-dried. I did find one located in Colorado (Only Natural Pet Store, LLC / http://www.onlynaturalpet.com), but there is a surcharge of $30 for shipment of frozen items. Also, they only ship frozen product out on Tuesdays, so you need to place the request no later than Sunday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.