K9 Natural

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food K9 Natural

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Monika30

Has anyone used this food? K9 Natural Freeze Dried Dog Food. I found their website (http://www.k9natural.com/), read about it and it sounds great but would like an opinions?
    This is description including ingredients. I have two Siberian Huskies I would like to feed with this (currently on Ziwipeak which is great but really expensive, especially here in Australia)
    K9 Natural Freeze Dried Dog Food Lamb 3.6kg

FLAVOUR: Lamb Supreme
    PACK SIZE: Net weight 3.6kg Makes 14.2kg of ready-to-serve raw food when reconstituted with warm water.

INGREDIENTS: Lamb meat, lamb blood, lamb blone, lamb green tripe, lamb liver, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, spinach (chard), cabbage, apples, pears, lamb hearts, lamb kidneys, eggs, green lipped mussel.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    (Freeze Dried values)

Minimum Crude Protein 28.0%
    Minimum Crude Fat 35.9%
    Maximum Crude Fiber 5.0%
    Maximum Moisture 10.0%

#34945 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

While I like the ingredients, it has too much fat for my inactive house dogs to eat it regularly. There’s more fat than protein in the lamb recipe. Don’t know about the other recipes. This food may be fine if your dogs are very active/working dogs. But Ziwipeak is pretty high in fat as well I think.

#48210 Report Abuse
    Deborah M

I would try the Venison, Chicken, or the Green Tripe. The lamb and the beef are pretty high in fat. The green tripe is disgusting … it smells like an elephants stall. But … my dogs LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And I’ve read so many beneficial things with regard to the green tripe. And it’s very easy to prepare. My dogs have always been really finicky eaters since they were puppies. I’ve tried dozens of top quality brands, this is the ONLY food that actually causes them to beg at meal times. I am very happy with the quality of the ingredients, the ease in preparation, and the fact that my girls absolutely love it. It is on the expensive side, so I feel bad for those with large breed dogs who want to go this route. My two are only 11 lbs each, so its a little more affordable for me. I buy it in bulk at either Amazon.com, or Chewys. Both offer free shipping and no tax options. The local pet store is more expensive, plus I have to pay tax. Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.