🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Just received an email from Hemopet about my parvovirus distemper test and they were very good level. So excited no vaccines. It had been 3 years since shots. OH YEAH!!! It only cost me $52. Cheaper and better than vaccines!

#53749 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Weezerweeks. Very happy to hear the news. Did you do titers on anything else or just parvo/distemper?

#53754 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I also did the rabies but it takes longer for the results. I had to give him the rabies vaccine because of law and it had been over 3 years but hopefully they will okay the rabies titer in another 3 years since they are working on it. It killed me to watch that vaccine go in him but so far he has been good. I don’t think I’m ever giving him another one I don’t care what the law says!

#53759 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Awesome, good for you & your baby! & you can’t beat that price! I going to do titers on Bailey come spring when her shots would have been due, but I highly doubt it will be that cheap at my vets. Here’s hoping though!

I totally agree about the rabies. She is due for that in the spring and I so want to skip it. Damn laws!

So happy for you! 🙂

#53766 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Weezerweeks, you live in GA – WHERE did you get titers done for $52???? My vet told me $250 at the clinic we go to… 🙁

P.S. Yay for good titers and no shots! 🙂

#53769 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Naturella Hemopet charges &52 for the parvo/distemper titer. My vet took Bailey’s blood and sent it.He gives me a lot of discounts because he’s my friend and I do spend lots of money on my animals.Do u live in Ga.? If so where?

#53771 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Weezerweeks, I see… I wonder if I/my vet can use Hemopet. I live in Kennesaw, right by KSU. What about you?

#53816 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Naturella– anyone can send to Hemopet. Just go on the website Hemopet labs and u fill out the form, send ur money(I used a credit card) They will email u what to do. My vet did this and took the blood and sent it on Mon. They received it Friday and e-mailed me the results.The test is $52 and whatever ur vet charges u to draw blood and send off. I have a great vet so he was cheap. I will receive the results of the rabies titer later. I was very impressed with this lab.

#53817 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Oh I live in Vidalia,Ga. Home of the Vidalia sweet onion!

#53991 Report Abuse
    Naturella

@weezerweeks , I tried the website but it doesn’t work! 🙁 I will keep trying but it gives me some error message…

And Vidalia – I remember – you had said that before!! That is ways away from Kennesaw… lol. Looks pretty down there though!!! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.